Monday, October 10, 2011

Finished Wool Trousers



Good evening! My new pants are just finished and I thought I'd amuse you with a few pictures. Now I'm no model, so don't look at me, look at the pants.

As you might have guessed, these pants weren't made to be fancy. They were made to comfortable, and nice-looking enough to wear to work. As I explained previously, I used an old pair of linnen trousers as the pattern, though the new version I made of a lovely 100% wool fabric. However, I must have been a bit too generous with the margins because the new trousers are definitely a bit more loose than the originals.

Now the picture below shows a whole lot of creases in the front. In reality, I don't think it's as bad as it looks in the photo. Or maybe it is... I'm not sure. But still, I'm pretty happy with the result. And I'm glad to have learned how to make pants (first time!), and especially how to make the pockets. For next time I'll try to make the fit better

2 comments:

  1. Byxorna ser mycket sköna ut! Jag har själv tänkt stick byxor i flera år, så nu blev jag sugen på att lägga upp en sådan stickning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. StickLena: Sticka byxor, hjälp vilket jobb! Med riktigt tunt garn då kan jag tänka mig så det inte blir för tjockt? Har nog aldrig ens tänkt att det GÅR att sticka byxor, men varför inte?

    ReplyDelete